Accessibility statement for Padbury Parish Council
This accessibility statement applies to padburyparishcouncil.com
This website is run by Padbury Parish Council. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website.
AbilityNet (https://mcmw.abilitynet.org.uk/) has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability. It provides guidance on how to:
- make your mouse easier to use (opens in new window)
- use your keyboard instead of a mouse (opens in new window)
- talk to your device (opens in new window)
- make your device talk to you (opens in new window)
- make text larger (opens in new window)
- change your colours (opens in new window)
- magnify the screen (opens in new window)
We have also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
How accessible this website is
A consistent heading structure has been used so that page information is compatible with access technology.
The following browsers are checked periodically for compatibility:
- Internet Explorer (Windows)
- Google Chrome
- Firefox (Windows and Mac)
- Safari (Mac)
- Microsoft Edge
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- you cannot modify the line height or spacing of text
- older PDF documents may not be fully accessible to screen reader software
- you cannot skip to the main content when using a screen reader.
Feedback and contact information
If you need information on this website in a different format please contact us via the ‘contact us’ page. We will consider your request and respond to you in 14 days.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We are always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we are not meeting accessibility requirements, please use our ‘contact us’ page.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you are not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS) (https://www.equalityadvisoryservice.com/).
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Padbury Parish Council is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018. (http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2018/952/regulation/4/made).
Our website has been developed to best practice coding conventions following World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) and Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.1 (WCAG 2.1).
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 (https://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG21/) AA standard, due to the matters listed below.
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons.
- Some of the annual governance statements are scanned PDF documents and these do not comply with the Accessibility Regulations.
- The Accessibility Regulations do not require us to fix PDFs or other documents published before 23 September 2018 unless they are essential to providing our services. There are no such essential documents and we do not plan to fix other documents from before this date, for example the minutes of meetings that took place prior to this date.
- Some of the PDFs (including the Padbury Pump) are marked as supplied by a third party. The Accessibility Regulations do not require us to make these accessible.
Any new PDFs, Word or Excel documents the Parish Council produces and publishes will meet accessibility standards.
Preparation of this Accessibility Statement
This statement was reviewed on the 9th February 2021.
The testing of our website is determined by the extent of changes to the website and is an ongoing process. Our testing is in three parts:
- New content is tested when it is loaded on to the website
- Our website hosting provider checks on a frequent basis that the template on which our website is based continues to meet the accessibility standard.
- Any changes that are made to the template by us are tested at that point.